Our members include Canada’s twenty-nine largest university libraries and two federal institutions.
CARL members provide invaluable support to Canada’s research community by:
- Working to improve access to knowledge
- Improving services to students, faculty and researchers
- Promoting effective and sustainable scholarly communication
- Ensuring that Canada’s researchers have world class information management capacities
- Sharing best practices and experiences
- Advocating public policies that enable broad access to scholarly information
By preserving and enabling access to knowledge, our members support Canada’s researchers and foster innovation.
CARL provides leadership on behalf of Canada’s research libraries and enhances capacity to advance research and higher education. It promotes effective and sustainable knowledge creation, dissemination, and preservation, and public policy that enable broad access to scholarly information.