Approaches to library assessment are changing. Measures and rankings based upon collection holdings or the number of service transactions have become antiquated in the current digital context, and there is an increasing drive to consider instead how libraries might measure their contribution toward the broader outcomes sought by the university.
Mandate and Role
The Assessment Committee directs the ongoing development and delivery of CARL’s Statistics Program, and develops new evaluation methodologies and measures to ensure that CARL members gather and deploy solid evidence to support decision-making.
Read the complete Terms of Reference of this committee.
- Colleen Cook (Chair, McGill University)
- Lesley Balcom (University of New Brunswick)
- Wayne Jones (Carleton University)
- Kathleen O’Connell (NRC Knowledge Management)
- William Sgrazzutti (University of Regina)
- Suzanne Bélanger (Support Staff, CARL)