Research libraries flourish in an environment that facilitates the generation, sharing, and management of scholarly information. Such an environment is achieved through supportive laws, infrastructure, institutions, community and international engagement, and sound public policy.
Mandate and Role
The Policy Committee develops CARL’s position on relevant national and international public policy issues, and ensures appropriate activities to promote its positions among policy-makers and stakeholders. It also guides CARL’s national and international engagements with library and other like-minded organizations.
Read the complete Terms of Reference of this committee.
- Gerald Beasley (University of Alberta)
- Sylvie Belzile (Université de Sherbrooke)
- Donna Bourne-Tyson (Dalhousie University)
- Melody Burton (University of British Columbia)
- Joan Dalton (University of Windsor)
- Lynda Gadoury (Université du Québec à Montréal)
- Rebecca Graham (University of Guelph)
- Victoria Owen (University of Toronto, Scarborough)
- Dara Price (Library and Archives Canada)
- Mary-Jo Romaniuk (University of Manitoba)