March 1, 2018 – CARL is pleased to announce that the 2018 Librarians’ Research Institute (LRI) will be held from June 18th to 21st at Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.
“Research skills are an increasingly important aspect of academic librarians’ work lives and CARL is committed to supporting and encouraging research amongst our librarians” stated Vivian Lewis, Chair of the CARL Strengthening Capacity Committee and University Librarian at McMaster University. “We are also pleased to be able to offer the first bilingual edition of this highly successful institute.”
The 2018 LRI will be led by the following Peer Mentor team:
- Selinda Berg (Interim Associate University Librarian – University of Windsor, and 2018 LRI Program Co-Chair);
- Tony Horava (Associate University Librarian, Collections – University of Ottawa, and 2018 LRI Program Co-Chair);
- Cara Bradley (Research & Scholarship Librarian – University of Regina);
- Karine Fournier (Head, Reference Services – University of Ottawa);
- Sean Luyk (Digital Initiatives Projects Librarian – University of Alberta).
Hosted at Concordia University and sponsored by CARL, the Librarians’ Research Institute will provide practicing academic librarians an opportunity to immerse themselves in sustained conversations and activities related to scholarly research, inquiry, and publishing.
Please note that this is the first bilingual edition of the LRI. Although presentations will be in English, participants will be divided into breakout groups based on their primary language, one-on-one consultations with peer mentors will be offered in both languages, all LRI materials have been translated, and French-Speaking Peer Mentors will be available to translate questions and responses.
CARL’s members include Canada’s twenty-nine largest university libraries and two federal government institutions. Enhancing research and higher education is at the heart of our mission. CARL promotes effective and sustainable scholarly communication, and public policy that enables broad access to scholarly information.
For more information:
Project Officer, CARL
613.482.9344 x 107