Approaches to library assessment are changing. Measures and rankings based upon collection holdings or the number of service transactions have become antiquated in the current digital context, and there is an increasing drive to consider instead how libraries might measure their contribution toward the broader outcomes sought by the university.
Mandate and Role
The Assessment Committee directs the ongoing development and delivery of CARL’s Statistics Program, and develops new evaluation methodologies and measures to ensure that CARL members gather and deploy solid evidence to support decision-making.
Terms of Reference
Read the complete Terms of Reference of this committee.
- Mary-Jo Romaniuk, Chair (University of Calgary)
- Mark Asberg (Queen’s University)
- Shailoo Bedi (University of Victoria)
- Colleen Cook (McGill University)
- Sharon Murphy (University of Alberta)
- Mark Robertson (Brock University)
CARL Liaison and Committee Secretary:
(613) 482-9344 ext. 107
Sub-Groups of this Committee
- Continuing Education Working Group
- Statistics Working Group
- Library Impact Framework Working Group