Research libraries’ workforce, just like their physical facilities, collections and services, must evolve to keep pace with changes in education and research brought about by digital technologies and socio-economic factors. CARL represents and actively supports the many new and expanded roles for research libraries identified by its members.
Terms and Role
The Strengthening Capacity Committee develops CARL’s priorities and activities to effectively promote CARL’s role and efforts in these areas and to ensure that CARL members can support staff development and growth. Beyond workforce capacity, the Committee also considers financial, technical, or physical capacity issues when they are deemed to merit CARL members’ attention or collaboration on a national basis.
Read the complete Terms of Reference of this committee.
- Brett Waytuck, Chair (University of Regina)
- Vivian Lewis, (McMaster University)
- Guylaine Beaudry (Concordia University)
- Jonathan Bengtson (University of Victoria)
- Kathleen DeLong (University of Alberta)
- Lisa O’Hara (University of Manitoba)
- Maha Kumaran (University of Saskatchewan)
- Mark Asberg (Queen’s University)
- Susan Cleyle (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
CARL Liaison and Committee Secretary:
(613) 482-9344 ext. 107