Research libraries flourish in an environment that facilitates the generation, sharing, and management of scholarly information. Such an environment is achieved through supportive laws, infrastructure, institutions, community and international engagement, and sound public policy.
Mandate and Role
The Policy Committee develops CARL’s position on relevant national and international public policy issues, and ensures appropriate activities to promote its positions among policy-makers and stakeholders. It also guides CARL’s national and international engagements with library and other like-minded organizations.
Read the complete Terms of Reference of this committee.
- Carol Shepstone (Ryerson University – Chair)
- Larry Alford (University of Toronto)
- Donna Bourne-Tyson (Dalhousie University)
- Pascal Calarco (University of Windsor)
- Rebecca Graham (University of Guelph)
- Amber Lannon (Carleton University)
- Victoria Owen (University of Toronto, FIS)
- Susan Parker (University of British Columbia)
- Pascale Robichaud (Library and Archives Canada)