8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 – 9:15 a.m.
- Donna Bourne-Tyson, University Librarian, Dalhousie University and CARL President
- Guy Berthiaume, Librarian and Archivist of Canada, Library and Archives Canada
9:15 – 10:15 a.m.
Keynote – ‘Approaching the Long-Term Preservation of Print Documentation: A Current Overview of International Models, Challenges and Opportunities’
- Constance Malpas, Research Scientist, OCLC
10:15 – 10:45 a.m.
Networking/health break – coffee and refreshments
10:45 – 11:15 a.m.
Presentation — ‘@Risk and National Coordinated Efforts in Print Preservation in the United States’
- Bernard F. Reilly, President, Center for Research Libraries
11:15 – 12:00 p.m.
National Heritage Collections: Perspectives on Mandated Collecting
- Monica Fuijkschot (LAC)
- Maureen Clapperton (BAnQ)
12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Table discussions on models presented thus far
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Panel: ‘Current Canadian Initiatives in Collective Print Preservation’
- Scott Gillies, TUG Libraries
- Doug Brigham, COPPUL Shared Print Archive Network (SPAN) Coordinator
- Caitlin Tillman & Steve Marks, Keep@Downsview
- Alan Darnell, OCUL/Scholars Portal (Scholars Portal Books)
2:30 – 3:20 p.m.
Recap of issues and questions raised and group discussion.
Participants will be asked to reflect on a number of questions, and identify priorities and strategies towards next steps.
Coffee and refreshments available during discussion
- Moderator: Gwen Bird (University Librarian / Dean of Libraries, Simon Fraser University)
3:20 -3:45 p.m.
Group reporting and discussion of next-steps
- Moderator: Gwen Bird
3:45 – 4:00 p.m.
Wrap-up and closing remarks
- Donna Bourne-Tyson