Bibliometrics and Research Impact Canadian Community of Practice June Call – Using VOSviewer to Visualise Patterns in Research Topics & Research Collaboration
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET
How can we tell the story of our research beyond the usual counts and rankings? This session will demonstrate one tool that can be used to visualise patterns in research collaboration and research topics. For this example, we will look at existing collaborative relationships both within a faculty and with outside faculties, institutions or companies. We will also look at topic trends in the publication record with the use of co-occurrence maps of author-assigned keywords associated with our publications.
Invited Speaker: Alison Henry (MLIS) is the Collections Strategies Librarian at the University of Alberta.
Community Calls are organized by the CARL Canadian BRI Community of Practice Steering Committee:
- Philippe Boisvert, Université Laval
- Laura Bredahl, University of Waterloo
- Christine Brodeur, National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada
- Thane Chambers, University of Alberta
- Rachel Couban, McMaster University
- Monique Grenier, University of Victoria
- Mindy Thuna, University of Toronto