The Canadian Web Archiving Coalition (CWAC) is an inclusive community of practice within Canadian libraries, archives, and other memory institutions engaged or otherwise interested in web archiving. The Coalition’s mission is to identify gaps and opportunities that could be addressed by nationally coordinated strategies, actions, and services, including collaborative collection development, training, infrastructure development, and support for practitioners and researchers.
Goal of the inaugural meeting: To set strategic priorities and establish work teams to identify and accomplish specific goals related to the mission of the CWAC.
Contact: If you have any questions about this meeting, do not hesitate to contact Corey Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (778) 677-5746.
Date and time: Wednesday, September 20th, 2017. 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT (virtual access will be provided to those unable to travel to Ottawa)
Library Archives Canada
Conference Centre, 1st Floor
550 Boulevard de la Cité
Gatineau, QC J8T 0A7, Canada
The CARL Digital Preservation Working Group (CARL DPWG) Web Archiving Team is organizing this meeting, with generous support from both Library and Archives Canada and the Canadian Association of Research Libraries.
The CARL Digital Preservation Working Group (CARL DPWG) Web Archiving Team consists of:
- Sylvain Bélanger, Directeur général Préservation – Director General Preservation, Bibliothèque et Archives Canada – Library and Archives Canada
- Corey Davis, Digital Preservation Network Manager, Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
- Geoff Harder, Associate University Librarian for Digital Initiatives, University of Alberta
- Mireille Laforce, Directrice du dépôt légal et de la conservation des collections patrimoniales, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Jean-François Ruest, Spécialiste en ressources documentaires, Bibliothèque de l’Université Laval