Canadian Institutional Repository Managers Pre-Forum Meeting
Room 248, Morisset Library, University of Ottawa
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
> Click here to access registration forms for both this event and the Nov. 10 forum
Repository managers from all Canadian institutions (CARL and non-CARL) are welcome and encouraged to attend. This meeting for IR managers is concurrent with the CARL directors’ Fall General Meeting.
The meeting will begin with a review of the current landscape for IRs in Canada, and move on to focused discussion of the following current IR operational issues:
- Service models and resourcing
- Interoperability and enhancing discovery for IR content
- Reducing researcher burden for populating repositories
- Collective approaches to leveraging existing publication data
- Identifying campus stakeholders for engaging with the IR in support of institutional mission
- Sustainable approaches for content harvesting