The Canadian Web Archiving Coalition (CWAC) is an inclusive community of practice within Canadian libraries, archives, and other memory institutions engaged or otherwise interested in web archiving. The Coalition’s mission is to identify gaps and opportunities that could be addressed by nationally coordinated strategies, actions, and services, including collaborative collection development, training, infrastructure development, and support for practitioners and researchers.
CWAC held its first in-person meeting in September 2017.
In March 2018, an inaugural Canadian Web Archiving Coalition Coordinating Committee was formed. Current membership is as follows:
- Nicholas Worby (interim chair), Web Archives Program Coordinator, University of Toronto
- Corey Davis (chair, currently on leave), Digital Preservation Coordinator, Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
- Janice Banser, Systems Librarian, Simon Fraser University
- Mireille Laforce, Directrice du dépôt légal et de la conservation des collections patrimoniales, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Dana McFarland, Librarian & Coordinator for eResources & Scholarly
Communication, Vancouver Island University
- Amanda Oliver, Archivist, Western University
- Tom Smyth, Manager, Digital Integration, Digital Preservation and Migration Division, Library and Archives Canada
The community of practice communicates via a listserv, which can be joined here: https://listserv.uottawa.ca/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=CWACCAW-L&A=1