The Canadian Web Archiving Coalition (CWAC) is an inclusive community of practice within Canadian libraries, archives, and other memory institutions engaged or otherwise interested in web archiving. The Coalition’s mission is to identify gaps and opportunities that could be addressed by nationally coordinated strategies, actions, and services, including collaborative collection development, training, infrastructure development, and support for practitioners and researchers.
CWAC held its first in-person meeting in September 2017.
In March 2018, an inaugural Canadian Web Archiving Coalition Coordinating Committee was formed. Current membership is as follows:
- Dana McFarland (incoming chair), Librarian & Coordinator for eResources & Scholarly
Communication, Vancouver Island University
- Janice Banser, Digital & Web Services Librarian, Simon Fraser University
- Corey Davis (currently on leave), Digital Preservation Coordinator, Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
- Mireille Laforce, Directrice du dépôt légal et des acquisitions, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Amanda Oliver, Archivist, Western University
- Tom Smyth, Manager, Digital Integration, Digital Preservation and Migration Division, Library and Archives Canada
- Nicholas Worby, Web Archives Program Coordinator, University of Toronto
The community of practice communicates via a listserv, which can be joined here: https://listserv.uottawa.ca/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=CWACCAW-L&A=1