This joint working group, launched in 2016, brings together participants from the Canadian Council of Archives, Canadiana.org, Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL), Library & Archives Canada, Scholars Portal / Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), CARL, and several Canadian research libraries.
This group works towards the long-term stewardship of Canada’s digital scholarly record and multi-format documentary heritage, and supports the specific mandate of CARL’s Advancing Research Committee to preserve Canada’s scholarly record and documentary heritage in all its forms. Its work includes assessing digital preservation capacity, available resources, and funding opportunities within the Canadian research community, and identifying and promote relevant approaches, standards, practices, and technologies, and liaise with relevant international efforts in order to cultivate an appropriate knowledge of the broader field of digital preservation within Canada.
An off-shoot of this group is the Canadian Web Archiving Coalition (CWAC).
This group was responsible for organizing a one-day open forum devoted to digital preservation in Canada, @Risk North 2: Digital Collections, held in Montreal in November 2018.
Members (as of December 2018):
- Jonathan Bengtson, University Librarian, University of Victoria (Chair, member of ARC)
- Sylvain Bélanger, Directeur général Préservation – Director General Preservation, Bibliothèque et Archives Canada – Library and Archives Canada
- Alan Darnell, Director, Scholars Portal / Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) – currently on leave
- Corey Davis, Digital Preservation Network Manager, Council of Prairie and Pacific
University Libraries (COPPUL)
- Geoff Harder, Associate University Librarian for Digital Initiatives, University of Alberta
- Susan Haigh (ex officio), Directrice générale – Executive Director, Association des
bibliothèques de recherche du Canada – Canadian Association of Research Libraries
- Grant Hurley, Digital Preservation Librarian, Scholars Portal
- Mireille Laforce, Directrice du dépôt légal et de la conservation des collections
patrimoniales, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Steve Marks, Digital Preservation Librarian, University of Toronto
- Michael Moosberger, Associate University Librarian for Research & Scholarly
Communication and University Archivist, Dalhousie University
- Rebecca Ross, Director, Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement, Canadian Research Knowledge Network
- Jean-François Ruest, Spécialiste en ressources documentaires, Bibliothèque de
- Lara Wilson, Chair, Canadian Council of Archives (CCA)